Job Category: Solution Architecture
Primary Location: DC Metro Area
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Posting: Aug 20, 2014
Compensation: Excellent Salary and bonus plan
Additional Position Information:
As a Sr. Solution Architect, you will provide technical design and thought leadership for Federal new business pursuits and will work with our client’s sales and business development teams. You will lead efforts to capture and share best-practice knowledge among the solution architect community. The ideal candidate will have experience working with U.S. Federal marketplace, proven contacts and the ability to design and implement solutions.
As a Senior Solutions Architect within Obsidian Global, you will have the opportunity to help shape strategies and federally compliant solutions, using sound system architecture and system engineering principals, working directly with customers, system integrators and solution providers.
• Owning the technical engagement with direct communication with our customer
• Defining the technical and implementation system(s) architecture(s)
• Writing Proposals
• Identifying Bill of Materials (BOM)
• Responding to Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposals (RFP)
• Developing a deep understanding of Xerox Service offerings within the Federal marketplace in order to provide solutions to our clients’ business imperatives
• Providing thought leadership in specialized BPO areas
• Developing technical narratives and white-papers.
• Works with the client lines of business, support staff, and defines technical solutions using existing client products and COTS components.
• Will research, analyze, design, and propose architecture solutions and guidance for client pursuits
• Makes recommendations on technical solutions needs, related applications and /or custom solutions to meet or exceed customer requirements
• Leading the effort to support, resolve and document issues that arise in the defining integrated solution architecture Identifying technology changes or opportunities that can improve efficiency and performance of our products and its impact on subsequent processes based on industry standards and new initiatives
• 10 years of experience
• Candidate Education Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Systems Engineering, Business Administration (with relevant technical undergraduate degree), or other related field or equivalent.
Skills, Knowledge & Ability:
Has extensive experience in doing business within the U.S. Federal domain, working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), extensive experience in architecting, designing and implementing IT programs and environments and 8+ years of relevant architecture/systems engineering and project management experience.
• Requires advanced to expert level knowledge and understanding across multiple IT disciplines (e.g. business, technology, application and information/data) and specific technologies.
• The senior solution architect is responsible for analyzing and incorporating where appropriate, industry trends, and must be familiar with enterprise standards, methodology and governance. The role will also require expert knowledge of the enterprise infrastructure and applications and expertise in the platform(s) being utilized (.NET, J2EE, and Open Source platforms) and understanding of application, server, and network security and government requirements such as FISMA, FedRAMP, and DIACAP.
• It is assumed that the senior solution architect will have very strong and broad technical skills and the ability to learn new areas quickly, with the ability to drill down to the detail level of the designs.The successful candidate must demonstrate excellent technical leadership skills and have a solid understanding of the federal industry. Proven ability to articulate and implement an enterprise-wide vision for customer-focused operations.
• Takes initiative to keep skills up to date and to maintain awareness of and, in own area(s) of expertise. Specifically: Has played a leadership role in architectural facets both within and outside the company.Demonstrates high standards of professional and ethical behavior in dealings with clients, colleagues and staff.
• Has a comprehensive knowledge of at least one specific technology area and a broad understanding across a wide field along with a record of applying such knowledge successfully in a variety of situations.
• Demonstrates the ability to take significant responsibility and can handle contacts of all types and at all levels. Is skilled and takes accountability for managing change and making sound and far reaching decisions alone on major issues.
• Conversant with Federal IT strategy, policies and standards. Has working knowledge of change management, configuration management, reliability and safety methods and the use of metrics.
• Is skilled in project risk management.
• Communicates persuasively and effectively, both verbally and in writing; including influencing and “selling” to stakeholders. Possesses a strong ability in the use of analogy and storytelling to bring the technical subject matter to non-technical people.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
• Extensive experience working Federal Proposals and excellent proposal writing and graphics conceptualization is required
• Demonstrates a rational and organized approach to the tasks undertaken and an awareness of the need to achieve quality. Has thorough knowledge of the system components and interfaces being designed and integrated. Has thorough knowledge of testing procedures, configuration issues and concerns, and has comprehensive understanding of project and program management techniques