Michael Kim grew up in the suburbs of Maryland, attending the University of Maryland, Baltimore County for both his bachelor's and master's degrees in Information Systems. After receiving his first PC at the age of eight (386, 2400 baud modem), he instantly knew computers were where he would spend his efforts. He currently resides in Olney, MD with his wife Jean and two kids Gavin (8) and Amelia (6).
1. What is your role at Obsidian? How long have you been here?
I am an Active Directory/Security engineer supporting the National Institutes of Health; I’ve been here since 2018
2. What has been one of your proudest moments while working with Obsidian?
Implementing a large scale security effort to better protect the identity and access management
systems supporting all of NIH and their Institutes and Centers(ICs)
3. What is your favorite way to spend the weekend?
Keeping my two kids busy and entertained
4. What was the first concert you went to? What’s the best concert you’ve been to?
Coldplay was the first. Muse was the best
5. If you had to eat one meal every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?