Michelle Kim was born in New York but raised in Montgomery County, Maryland. She attended the University of Maryland College Park and graduated with a BA in English Literature and Japanese. Michelle decided to take an internship with an IT company by chance during college and has worked in tech as part of a PMO team for about the last ten years and just recently made the move into the cybersecurity field around three years ago.
1. What is your role at Obsidian? How long have you been here?
I’m the Deputy PM for the Federal Student Aid contract with the Department of Education.
2. What has been one of your proudest moments while working with Obsidian?
Being able to contribute to a successful transition of the previous FSA contract as part of the Obsidian team.
3. What's one thing you learned last year?
Never take anything for granted!
4. What ranks number one on your bucket list?
Trying to get a glimpse of the Northern Lights.
5. If you could have any superpower what would it be?
Teleportation for sure.